A Letter from the Executive Director: Update
Date: Apr 15, 2020
With precautions against COVID-19 continuing to interrupt events across the nation, the Allentown Symphony Association (ASA) is announcing that all ASA-promoted performances and events at Miller Symphony Hall and in the community through June 21 are cancelled. We had previously announced that events through April 30 had been cancelled – the events listed below include performances that would have taken place between May 1 and June 21. Events include…
May 1: Jazz Upstairs – Zen for Primates
May 3: The Allentown Band “The Twenties Roar” (previously cancelled by The Allentown Band)
May 9: Women Rock, ASO Pops concert
May 10: Donizetti’s Maria Stuarda – The Met Live in HD (previously cancelled by the Met)
May 15: Jazz Upstairs – The Dan Wilkins’ Horizons Quartet
May 17: Arts at St. Johns ASO Series – Robert Fournier, ASO Bass Trombonist (scheduled for performance at St. John’s Evangelical Church, Allentown)
May 21: Third Thursday at The Lyric Room
June 4: El Sistema Lehigh Valley Spring Concert
June 7: Arts at St. Johns ASO Series – TurksHeadKnot, directed by ASO Principal Bass Peter Paulsen (scheduled for performance at St. John’s Evangelical Church, Allentown)
June 18: Third Thursday at The Lyric Room
June 19: Jazz Upstairs – The Frank DiBussolo Group
“WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?”
Know that your health and safety is our primary concern. So many of you have reached out to us here at the Allentown Symphony Association. We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support and can suggest the following…
· Please consider donating the value of your tickets back to the Allentown Symphony Association. Your tax-deductible donation supports our education programs and add to the financial stability of your Allentown Symphony Orchestra (ASO) and the essential role it plays here in our community.
· When you donate your tickets, you will receive four (4) free ticket vouchers to select ASO performances in the coming year – please share with friends and neighbors and help us welcome them into the Allentown Symphony family.
· When you donate your tickets, you will receive four free ticket vouchers to select ASO performances in the coming year – please share with friends and neighbors and help us welcome them into the Allentown Symphony family.
· You may exchange your tickets into select ASO concerts during the 2020-21 season. You can find a listing of the season at MillerSymphonyHall.org. You may also apply the value of your tickets to a subscription purchase for the coming season.
· Any additional financial contribution that you can make is especially valued at this time.
· If you would prefer a refund, you may request one.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 610.432.6715 with your decision or if you have with any questions. We are working remotely but checking messages and e-mails regularly. Please leave a message, and we will respond just as soon as we can.
Thank you to everyone who has renewed their ASO 2020-2021 Subscription, to all of our New Subscribers and to all who purchase single tickets to events at Miller Symphony Hall. Your support is so meaningful to us at this time.
Visit us at Miller Symphony Hall @ Home (mshathome.org)
Each week we will be adding new content for you to enjoy and continue to stay connected to the music and musicians of Miller Symphony Hall. Visit mshathome.org for previously recorded live performances of the Allentown Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Upstairs, Arts at St. Johns, a link to the Met Opera streams and more.
We want to thank each of you for your patience and support and look forward to welcoming you back just as soon as it is safe to do so. This is a situation that is changing daily – even hourly – not just for the Allentown Symphony Association, but for everyone in the Lehigh Valley and beyond. We will keep you informed as we face these challenges. Until then, please take care of yourself, and let’s take care of each other.
Executive Director, Allentown Symphony Association