ALLENTOWN SYMPHONY ASSOCIATION ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
MARKETING ASSISTANT INTERN
Contact: Lucy Bloise, VP Marketing & Community Engagement - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Assistant is a key link in implementing marketing strategies across the company, by providing materials, technology support, and logistics coordination, etc. on deadline to support the Marketing Director.
The best candidates are detail-oriented, highly organized, deadline-focused and problem solvers. They value precision, clear and direct communications and getting things done.
Required Technical Skills:
The Marketing Assistant should have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Knowing some basic graphic design software such as Publisher, In-Design is a plus, but not required. This position does not require graphic design skills.
Ability to update Facebook page, twitter, blogs would be a great plus.
* Providing assistance in terms of logistics to concerts and events.
* Assisting in writing and editing sales and marketing materials, which include press releases, articles, and collateral.
* Assist in proofreading.
* Research companies and organizations relating to upcoming shows and get email promotions out.
* Developing media packs to be distributed through the LV Arts Council.
* Assisting in promotional strategies.
* Set-up marketing collateral in the interior of Hall prior to concerts and events.
* Generating thank you letters, form letters for mailing mass program books to sponsors and other organizations.
* Scraping ads and articles from newspapers and magazines and occasional filing.
* If available, assist during concerts and performances with distributing marketing materials and assisting with other set-up duties as needed.
* Validating and fulfilling request for information and marketing, tracking mails and requests.
EL SISTEMA LEHIGH VALLEY (ESLV) INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Contact: Norma Nunez, Program Manager - email@example.com
ESLV Audio Visual/Photography Intern
* Assist with the development of publicity/marketing materials, i.e., video and photography
* Attend some of the daily programming, special events, and performances
* Assist with editing video and photography for publicity/marketing materials
ESLV Administrative Intern
* Maintain and create spreadsheets of Instrument check-out lists
- Student attendance
- Student instrument lists
- Budget & donation data
* General assistance at ESLV site (M-F 3:30-5:30, Daily attendance not required – flexible to accommodate intern availability)
- Disciplinary support – students primarily between 1st and 6th grade
- Set-up and/or break-down of classrooms
- Assist and support guests artists/faculty during visits
- Assist with transitioning children
* Support family relations via the generation of notices and making phone calls – (Spanish literacy a plus, but not required)
* Assist with special events and/or performances
* Assist with identifying potential grant opportunities
* Assist with collating data of multiple indicators to evaluate program effectiveness
ESLV Instrumental or Choir Intern
* Assist primarily instructor with music classes at ESLV (M-F 3:30-5:30, Daily attendance not required – flexible to accommodate intern availability)
* Assist students with setting up & tuning instruments
* Assist with the instrument check-in/check-out process
* Assist with setting up and breaking down classroom space
* Opportunity to lead class with direct feedback from the ESLV teaching staff
* Provide academic support for ESLV students 2 times a week (4 hours weekly, hours are between 3:3- and 5:30pm. Days of the week are TBD depending on tutor availability)
* Provide additional learning opportunities for students
* Distribute and correct student worksheets that are provided if the student has completed their homework
* Oversee silent sustained reading
* Assist and/or implement academic learning games
* Other related duties